Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bayern Munich 2 Real Madrid 1

MARIO GOMEZ grabbed a last-gasp winner to fire Bayern’s dream of a Munich final. 

The German hotshot slid home from three yards in the last minute after skipper Philipp Lahm had cut back from the right.

Bayern are desperate to reach the final at the their own Allianz Arena on May 19.

And they stunned Jose Mourinho’s men after just 17 minutes when Real failed to clear a corner and Franck Ribery fired in through a crowded goalmouth from 10 yards.

But German star Mesut Ozil grabbed a precious away goal to silence the Munich fans.

The midfielder pounced six minutes into the second half from close range after Cristiano Ronaldo had cut back a cross.

English ref Martin Atkinson — one of Howard Webb’s extra officials behind the goal — found himself in the spotlight again following on from Chelsea’s ‘phantom’ goal against Spurs at Wembley.

Atkinson turned down heated appeals for a Bayern penalty with seven minutes left after Real’s Pepe sliced a clearance against team-mate Alvaro Arbeloa’s arm.

Webb also incensed the home crowd for only booking Real’s Marcelo after he hacked down Thomas Muller late on.

A defiant Mourinho said: “We were a better team in the first half, clearly. We now have the second leg with a different atmosphere.

“Until 75 minutes I thought it would be 1-1. It was a great semi-final but I cannot say it was a spectacular match.

“The linesman made a mistake for the first goal, it’s a clear offside but that is football.

“I accept it without criticism as I don’t think he wanted to make that mistake. He did it because he makes mistakes like everyone else.

“The El Clasico at the weekend means nothing to Barcelona, for us it means a lot but I prefer that we are fighting for the title.

“We know it is an advantage for Barcelona but it’s better like this.”





 

No comments:

Post a Comment